Monday 10 March 2014

Can I Do Moderation?

Steve persuaded me on Sunday that one or two pints once or twice a week won't hurt. That is fair enough, but that must be my absolute limit - and I think I will be choosing to politely reject the frequent opportunities for those pints. Until I am certain of what is going on and how I feel about it all, I want to remain as cautious as I can be.

I admit, I had two pints with Steve on Sunday, and I am fretting without need, but I have to do this right, moderation or abstinence, which it is matters far less than the practical results, as long as I don't do it wrong.

I think it may be better once a week than twice, but to be honest... I know I am at lowest risk if I fully abstain.

1 comment:

  1. Many years ago, decades in fact, I was drinking heavily. I decided to stop while I could, and to become a moderate drinker by my own willpower rather than go the AA route. I succeeded, which told me I was not yet a full-blown alcoholic. Had I been, AA and total sobriety would have been preferable to continuing. Do what YOU decide. You know you best. It could be that abstinence now will allow moderation later. I seldom drink anymore, as I discovered I don't actually like alcohol all that much — but it's nice to be able to have a glass of wine if I go out. (I have one early, then switch to soft drink, as I drive myself.)

    ReplyDelete